Lycoming Law Association
 Contact Us 

Rules Home PageContentsRules of General Court Business

L4007. Requests for Transcripts.

A. Requests for ordinary transcripts shall be filed with the Prothonotary/Clerk of Courts or Register and Recorder, as appropriate, by using the transcript request form required by Pa.R.J.A. No. 4007(A).

B. Procedure for a litigant obtaining a transcript.

(1) Unless all of the costs have been waived under Lyc. Co. R.G.C.B. L4008(B), before filing a transcript request form, the litigant shall first submit the transcript request form to the senior court reporter via email (preferred), or fax (570-327-2288), or U.S. or courthouse mail (48 West Third Street, Williamsport, PA 17701).

(a) Within five (5) business days from the date the form is received, the senior court reporter will complete the applicable portions of section V (“For Court use only”) of the transcript request form and return the form to the litigant thereby notifying the litigant of the estimated cost. Senior court reporter contact information is available at

(b) The litigant ordering a transcript shall make a non-refundable deposit in the amount of 100% of the estimated cost of the transcript. The payment shall be made contemporaneously with the filing of the transcript request form, in the manner required by the office in which the form is filed.

(2) If a court order waiving all of the costs has been entered or a certification letter has been provided under Lyc. Co. R.G.C.B. L4008(B), the litigant need not submit the transcript request form to the senior court reporter. Instead, the litigant shall simply file the transcript request form with the appropriate filing office and attach the court order waiving the costs or the certification letter.

(3) Upon the filing of a transcript request form and the payment of any required deposit, the filing office shall notify the court reporter, who shall then prepare the transcript.

(4) If the actual costs are more than the deposit amount, the final balance shall be paid to the appropriate filing office within seven (7) calendar days from the date the requesting party is notified of the balance owed. If the actual costs are less than the deposit amount, the filing office shall issue a refund to the requesting party.